Two Day Trip to Somnath and Diu
Today I am going to share with you the experience of the journey of Somnath and Diu, which was exciting and disturbing at the same time.
We started our journey from Vadodara. At 7 in the morning we left for Somnath in our car. Based on Google’s distance calculator, the distance was approximately 440 km, which would take 7 to 8 hours to cover.
But alas, along the way we encountered bad roads and traffic jams every 100 kms, so we reached Junagadh at 9 p.m.
Then we thought of staying overnight in Junagadh, so we stayed at Hotel Vishala, which was near a bus stand and was a good hotel, but because it was Diwali, the charges were very high.
Our plan was to leave for Somnath early in the morning after spending the night in Junagadh. We did the same, at 7 am we left for Somnath and reached around 9.30 am.
We were early in the morning, so the darshan also started early despite the large crowd.
About Somnath :-
- One of the 12 Jyotirlingas is situated at the seashore of the Kathiawar region in Gujarat province in the famous temple named Somnath.
- First among the 12 major Jyotirlingas, Somnath is found in Prabhas Patan near the port of Veraval in Gujarat, after which Rameshwaram, Dwarka, and Varanasi were built.
- There is a one-hour light show every night at this temple, which runs from 7 pm to 8 pm. This show tells the history of Hinduism.
- In the month of Kartik, Chaitra and Bhadra in Somnath temple, a large number of devotees come here to see the Lord.
- The Somnath Trust maintains the temple of Somnath Ji.
- Electronic items are not allowed in here.
Following our darshan at Somnath, we set out for Diu, which is 80 km away. We had trouble due to the roads being under construction at some places, but we made it to Diu.
What I see is that at Nagoa Beach alone there will be a crowd of at least 8 to 10 thousand, so much crowd, I am not even sure where to enjoy.
In addition, we encountered a lot of difficulties while parking because of a lack of space for parking, the security asked us to go far ahead, where the tire of our car got stuck in the sand.
I would like to thank the brothers of Bhavnagar for helping me lift our car and keep it on the road, otherwise we would have got stuck there.
After spending 2 to 3 hours, we took our trip back to Vadodara since some of us had to reach Bhopal in 2 days to join our office.
About Diu – Two Day Trip to Somnath and Diu
In the past, Diu was an important port on the Arabian Sea trade route and a part of Saurashtra in Gujarat.
Tourists from all over the world flock to Nagoa Beach in Diu for its pristine beauty and palm trees. It is well connected to resorts. There are palm trees lining the beach, which creates a pleasant atmosphere for travelers.
- Tourist Places Near Surat – Surat Visit Place
- Places to Visit in Udaipur – Udaipur Tourist Places
- Places to visit in Mumbai for 2 days – Mumbai Tourism
- Tourist Places Near Vadodara Within 100 Kms