Srinagar Tourist Places – Places to visit in Srinagar
Srinagar Tourist Places – Today i am going to tell you about tourist attractions of srinagar where we have visited and liked by us.
Dachigam National Park
You will always be amazed by the beauty of this place. It is a great place to go hiking. There are lush green meadows in this high altitude national park. In order to spot the world famous Hangul or other animals such as the black bear and leopard, it is best to visit early in the morning.
- The maharaja of Kashmir established it in 1910
- The area it covers is 141 km2
- The park was declared a national park in 1981.
- Opening hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- It is well known for Kashmiri stags, but you may also see musk deer, leopard, Himalayan Grey Langur, leopard cat, Himalayan Black Bear, etc.
This is one of the most beautiful lakes in the city, located in the middle of the main market and many hotels. Dal lake is known for its beauty and the Shikara ride. Shikara rides can last for 2-3 hours covering different points.
- Famous tourist destination of Srinagar
- Over 26 square kilometers, it attracts a wide variety of tourists
- Char Chinar lies at the center of the lake.
One of the most famous Mughal gardens in Srinagar is Shalmar Bagh. There are many flowers here. Well kept. Pleasant lawns and seating areas. Surrounded by greenery and water.
- A very popular Mughal Garden in Srinagar, Shalimar Bagh.
- Greenery is abundant in this area.
- In 1619, Jahangir built this garden for his wife Nur Jahan.
- Open to the public throughout the year
Srinagar’s best attraction. This temple is situated on a mountain and has a spectacular view. Phones and other devices are not allowed. It’s a place to relax and enjoy the serenity of nature.
- Srinagar’s oldest temple.
- Jaluka, the son of Emperor Ashoka, built this temple in the 9th century
- It has more than 250 steps, making it difficult for elderly people.
The Muslim shrine is located on the northern bank of Dal Lake in Srinagar, and it is considered the holiest in Kashmir.
- It is one of the most important mosques in India.
- It is special because Prophet Muhammad’s hair is kept here.
- The building was constructed in the 17th century by Shah Jahan
- The Hazratbal Shrine is also known as Dargah Sharif
The lake is magnificent and attracts many visitors each year. It offers a variety of benefits to people living in the area. Fish of different kinds are caught there.
- Srinagar’s famous and wonderful lake
- Known for its beauty, it is a popular attraction.
- Jhelum river feeds this lake.
- In India, this lake is one of the largest freshwater lakes.
- It is located in Bandipora district.
Also Known as the Palace of Fairies, Pari Mahal is a seven-terraced garden built at the top of the mountain in 1650 as the library and residence of the Mughal empire.
- A historical monument in Srinagar.
- The Archaeological Department of India maintains it.
- Shah Jahan’s eldest son Dara Shikoh built it.
Other than these there are so many tourist attractions where you can visit and enjoy the scenic beauty of the place ,some of them are nishat bagh ,srinagar valley ,tulip garden etc.