Places to visit in Patan Gujarat
Places to visit in Patan Gujarat – Located about 111 km northeast of Gujarat’s capital, Gandhinagar, Patan has been a district since 1997. It was ruled by the Solanki king. Patan district offers a wide variety of attractions. Let us know what places in Patan are worth visiting.
Loteshwar Mahadev Temple Patan Gujarat
- Shiva is worshipped in this temple.
- In this temple, you can see a stepwell.
- Pandavas came here during their exile period in ancient times, according to legend.
- Kunti Mata refused to eat without worshiping Lord Shiva, and Bhima felt very hungry, but he could not eat without his mother.
- There was no Shivling in this area. He then turned the lota upside down to make the form of Shiva and asked Kunti Mata to worship, after which he ate food.
- Located here is a pond known as Loteswar Talab.
Matrugaya Tirtha Patan
- It is located in the Patan district in Sidhpur.
- Sri Kardam Rishi Bhagwan, Sri Devabhuti Mata, Sri Kapil Mahamuni Bhagwan and Sri Gaya Gadadhara Bhagwan (the main deity of Matrigaya) can be seen here.
- It is mainly about seeing the lake here. There are people who bathe in this lake.
Panchmukhi Hanuman Temple Patan
- Located near Patan Bus Stand, this temple is worth a visit.
- There is a beautiful Panchmukhi statue of Hanuman ji in this temple.
Patan Museum, Patan
- The Patan Museum contains a large collection of ancient sculptures, paintings, and similar items.
- Buddha and Hindu statues can be found here. You can see the inscriptions here.
- For an Indian adult, the fee is Rs 5; for a foreigner, it is Rs 50. You will be charged for photography here. It is open from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, except Wednesdays.
Rani Ki Vav Patan Gujarat
- It is located in Patan, Gujarat state, and is one of the most popular tourist destinations.
- The Rani ki Vav is a World Heritage Site.
- This step was depicted on the Rs 100 note in 2018.
- Rahi ki Vav is a seven-story building. To get to the stepwell, you have to go downstairs.
- Udayamati, the wife of King Bhimdev I of the Solanki dynasty, built Rani ki Vav in 1063 AD.
- In 2014, UNESCO declared this stepwell a World Heritage Site.
Regional Science Museum Patan
- On Shihori Road near Samalpati village, you’ll find the Regional Science Museum.
- You can find information about Human Science, Optical Gallery, Nobel Prize Gallery, and Dinosaurs here.
- Several dinosaur statues can be seen here, which look very impressive. This is a great place for children to have fun.
Rudra Mahalaya Patan
- A temple dedicated to Shiva can be found here.
- King Mula began construction on this temple in ancient times.
- Raja Jai Singh began construction of this temple in 943 and completed it in 1140.
- Alauddin Khilji, the Sultan of Delhi, destroyed this temple in the 13th century.
- There are also carvings on the temple’s pillars and roofs, which is very impressive.
Sahastraling Pond Patan
- In the Patan district, this pond is located near Rani ki Vav.
- The Archaeological Survey of India protects this pond and The building was built by Raja Rare.
- The building was constructed between 1093 and 1143, King Siddharaj also repaired this pond.
- Stairs surround the pond, Beautiful gardens can be found here.
- Here you can see ancient structures.
Shree 108 Parshvanath Bhakti Vihar Jain Temple Patan
- This is a Jain religious site. In Patan district, this temple is located in Shankheshwar tehsil. It has beautiful carvings.
- This temple is situated at a short distance from the main highway road.
- Additionally, there is a Bhojshala where satvik food is served.
- The temple covers a large area and has many interesting attractions.
Shri Gayatri Mata Mandir Patan
- In Patan, this temple is located near Anand Sarovar. Gayatri Mata is the deity of this temple.
- The Anand Sarovar and the park can be seen on the side of the temple. This is a great place to spend your time.
- The site contains a large collection of antiquities.The Department of Archeology manages this museum.
- A lot of information about the Patan district can be found here and you can see ancient sculptures.
- This museum charges a very low entry fee of 5 rupees.
Sri Megh Maya Mandir Patan
- The temple has a story to tell, which you can learn by visiting it. Temples are built on high pedestals.
- Seeing the sunset here is a wonderful experience.You can see Megh Maya Maharaj ji here.
Tran Darwaza Patan
- In the center of Patan city, this monument can be found.
- The monument is one of Patan’s most important landmarks.
- In this monument, you can see three doors.
- During ancient times, this door served as the city’s entrance.
- Above this door is a large clock. That’s why it’s called a clock tower.
Vateshwar Mahadev Temple Patan
- In the district of Patan, this temple is located in Sidhpur.
- In Sidhpur, the temple is located near the Saraswati river.
- The Shivling is seen in the sanctum sanctorum of the temple, while Nandi sees the Lord in the temple pavilion.