Mathura Vrindavan Tourist Places
Mathura Vrindavan Tourist Places – Tourist Places in Uttar Pradesh – 8 Most Popular Tourist Places in Mathura Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh
Kans Qila Highlights
- The Kans Qila or Kans Fort is also a major attraction in Mathura.
- Located on the banks of the river Yamuna, it is named after Lord Krishna’s maternal uncle.
- Hours: 8 am to 4.30 pm
Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple Highlights
- As the birthplace of Lord Shri Krishna, Mathura’s temple is considered the holiest place in the city.
- There is a marble statue of Lord Krishna here, as well as idols dedicated to different deities.
- Timings: 5 am to 12 pm and 3 pm to 8.30 pm
Dwarkadhish Temple Highlights
- Lord Krishna is worshipped here,
- Due to its beauty and architecture, this temple deserves a visit.
- In the monsoon season, the temple hosts a great swing festival.
- The temple is most beautiful during the Janmashtami festival.
- Timings: 6.30 am to 10.30 am and 4 pm to 7 pm
Govardhan Hill Highlights
- A popular destination for tourists and devotees alike, Govardhan Hill is located near Vrindavan
- Lord Krishna is believed to have lifted it in order to defeat the rain and thunder god, Indra.
- Timings: 7 am to 7 pm
Kusum Sarovar Highlights
- Radha used to come here to collect flowers and meet Krishna.
- The Kusum Sarovar is approximately 500 feet long and 80 feet deep, which makes it a perfect spot to swim .
- Timings: Open 24 hours
Gita Mandir Highlights
- It is one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions.
- The Birla Mandir is another name for the temple.
- Due to its beautiful structures and heritage, this is a popular attraction.
- The temple contains idols of Lord Krishna, Narayana, Rama, Goddess Lakshmi, and Sita.
- Timings: 6 am to 7 pm
Mathura Museum Highlights
- Founded in 1874, the museum is also known as the Government Museum
- The museum collection includes sculptures, pottery, paintings, artefacts, and coins
- Red sandstone is used in the construction of the museum,
- Timings: 10.30 am to 4.30 pm. The museum is closed on Mondays, second Saturdays
Vishram Ghat Highlights
- It is believed that Lord Krishna rested on the Yamuna Ghat after killing Kansa.
- It is made up of marble stone
- Timings: Aarti done between 6 to 7 Pm