Best Places to Visit in Junagadh
As one of the most popular tourist spots in India, Junagadh is the third largest city in Gujarat. Because of its unique culture and architecture, the old city of Junagadh has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Check out these five favorite places to visit in Junagadh.
Kalika Mata temple
- Located in Gujarat, India.
- The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali
- It is known for its architecture and sculptures.
- It represents Hindu art and culture in its purest form.
Junagadh Fort Junagadh
- Made in 1633 AD
- Sultan Mahmud Begada Build the fort.
- this fort is surrounded by seven gates
Hathi Pole -Junagadh
Sheikh Salim Khan, ruler of Kutch, built the structure in 1597 AD.
Gulab Bagh Palace
- Located at Junagadh, Gujarat.
- Gulab Bagh Palace was built by Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula in 1760
- The palace is surrounded by gardens and lawns.
Gita Mandir Museum
- Gita Mandir Museum in Junagadh, Gujarat, India.
- It was built by Raja Jai Singh II, who ruled over the princely state of Junagadh.
- It is dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- This temple was built by King Dhruva Deva after his victory over the Mughal Empire
- So many temples are found inside the complex.
- Temple is famous for its architecture and sculpture.
- Girnar hill is located in Junagadh district.
- It is one of the seven hills of the city of Junagadh.
- Its height is 1,852 metres (6,066 feet) above sea level.
- Girnar is a famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Girnar is also called Girnar Hill and is a popular tourist destination.